SOMA & LIL
Denmark / Cyprus 2017
Runtime: 11 minutes
Directors: Nicolas Iordanou & Sylvia Nicolaides
Director of Photography: Nicolas Iordanou
Editing: Sylvia Nicolaides & Nicolas Iordanou
Sound: Sylvia Nicolaides
Production: Sylvia Nicolaides & Nicolas Iordanou
Music: Soma & Lil
Supported by the European Capital of Culture Aarhus 2017
A music documentary on the art of improvisation. Soma & Lil, a cello improvisation duo based in Denmark, rethink and deconstruct the traditional written music for cello, and develop a more personal way of expression by creating singular compositions that are unique and always changing.
- Audience Award - Copenhagen Jazz Film Festival, Denmark, 2018
- Best Music Short Film - Queen City Film Festival, Maryland, U.S.A. 2017
- Best Short Documentary - Ishinomaki Intern. Film Festival, Japan, 2017
- PÖFF / Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival, Estonia
- BLOW-UP · International Arthouse FILM FEST · Chicago, U.S.A.
- Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFME) Alburqueque, U.S.A.
- Copenhagen Jazz Film Festival, Denmark
- On Art - Poland Warsaw, Poland
- Sound Unseen Music Film Festival Minneapolis, U.S.A.
- International Short Film Festival of Cyprus Limassol, Cyprus
- SONIC SCENE Film Festival Trani, Italy
- Artfools: Larissa International Film Festival Larissa, Greece
- Bellingham Music Film Festival Bellingham, U.S.A.
- Southeast European (SEE)Film Festival Berlin, Germany
- Music in Cinema Georgia, U.S.A.