Project Creator: Chrysostomos Neophytou
Trio Dell'Arte: Chrysostomos Neophytou, Frederic Dupuis and Emilie Mutin
Animation: Charalambos Margaritis
Video Art: Sylvia Nicolaides & Nicolas Iordanou
‘Collapse’ is a visual concert which aims to combine video art, animation and a live performance of classical music.
Trio Dell'Arte, a classical chamber ensemble (with Chrysostomos Neofytou, Frederic Dupuis and Emilie Mutin), collaborates with Cypriot video artists Nicolas Iordanou and Sylvia Nicolaides and the animator Charalambos Margaritis to create a renovating proposal of artistic expression which is based on the balance of sound and image.
The enrichment of the concert space with projections which are invited to accompany and converse with the music aims to give to the viewers a twofold and a more vivid interpretation of each musical composition. It attempts to become a wholesome experience for the viewer.
The objective is not the descriptive illustration of the musical compositions, but the rendition of the instantaneous impressions that meet in a singular and at the same time infinite PRESENT.
- Sergei Rachmaninoff – Trio No.1 in D Minor, Op.9, élégiaque
- Antonín Dvorak – Piano Trio No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 90, Dumky Trio
- Dimitri Shostakovich – Piano Trio No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 67
- 9th Delhi International Arts Festival - New Delhi, INDIA (November 2015)
- Concert, Theatro ENA - Limassol - CYPRUS (April 2016)
- Concert, THE PLACE - Paphos - CYPRUS (April 2016)