stereoscopic 3D video art installation
Czech Republic 2014
Runtime: 6 minutes
Director: Sylvia Nicolaides
Director of Photography: Vishal Vittal
Stereographer: Zdenk Trávníek
Camera Assistants: Caio Dias, Hemanth Kumar
Gaffer: Caio Dias
Electrician: Cyril Charous
Performers: Anna Schmidtmajerová, Šárka Boková, Tereza Toberná
Music: David Hlavá
Sound Design: Jindich Kravaík
Costumes: Kristina Novakova Záveská
Make Up: Helena Zvinová
Producers: Kristýna Milaberská, Michal Krámer
Supported by: FAMU - Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
Cirk La Putyka
Institute of Intermedia - Prague
‘Airground’ is a 3Dimensional video-art installation. It is a visual conversation between the projected acrobats and the viewer, which is accomplished by following a looping, spiraling, non-linear path. From the moment the viewer wears the 3D glasses, the whole journey comes to life. ‘Airground’ is dealing with the sorrow of existence, loss, death and the rebirth through the looping experience.
Jury's Special Prize - 3D Korea International Film Festival 2014
- 3D Korea International Film Festival, Seoul, S. Korea
- 3D Image Festival Lodz, Poland
- 3D Film Festival Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- LA 3D Movie Festival Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Stereoscopic Displays and Applications Conference, San Francisco, U.S.A.
- CURRENTS International New Media Festival, Santa Fe, New Mexico, U.S.A.
- National Stereoscopic Association Convention, Utah U.S.A.
- Topanga Film Festival, Los Angeles U.S.A.
The viewers are asked to enter a darkened area, where there are asked to wear their 3D glasses and then lie down on the mats on the floor looking upwards where the projection screen will be. The projector is placed on the ceiling looking straight down, while the screen is hanged horizontally between the viewers and the projector in order to get the full experience of the acrobats’ movements. Because of the stereoscopic 3D effect, the viewers have the realistic impression that the acrobats are really on top of them and that they are coming out of the screen above them.
Video Installation at the CURRENTS New Media Festival
Santa Fe - New Mexico, U.S.A.